Sunday, March 11, 2012

Green: Re-purposed Baby Dresser


The picture below is of a cabinet I bought a couple years ago at a thrift store for $40.00.  It sat in my storage area for a year before I decided where I wanted to put it.  This has been a bare spot since we built the house and the cabinet fell right into place in this spot.


This sits near my kitchen and now contains my tableclothes, napkins, paper plates, etc in the drawers.  Before this cabinet, my tablecloths etc. were stored in a variety of places.  Now they are in one location which makes accessing how I want to set up a table so much easier.

 



The door area which is where baby clothes would hang,  I keep doggie treats and hide candy from the family in this section...guess they will know where the candy is now....
















I haven't maximized this space yet, but when I find a shelving unit with a couple of shelves, my plan is to make this space even more useable. But I like to organize and decorate in stages and over time you will see how I BlossomStyle my life and my families life!

The only negative about this cabinet which sits at my back door, is that it is a landing point for keys, mail....chewing gum....oh my stars you name it, I have found it laying here by either my hubby or daughter and OK...I confess.. me as well.  So that is the next yard sale or thrift store find I am looking for, something that looks nice but that can sit here and collect some of the junk of everyday life.

Watch for my next posting....I'll give you some better shots of the pretties on top of this dresser and tell you a little about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment