Monday, March 5, 2012

Going Green...Re-do It or Repurpose with Style!!



My good friend Laurie and I went on a green journey a couple years back.  We both had a desire to understand the green world  and oh my did we learn alot, to this day we amaze ourselves at the amount of information and knowledge we gained.  Can you imagine... we even researched how fast bamboo grows....it grows pretty dang fast by the way....

What I found during that journey is something I have been doing for years and years that was green which was re-purposing or re-doing something that was from the past or a yard sale find.

Something else Laurie and I are good at is organizing so this first blog co-post (is co-post a real word?)  is us sharing an aspect of our green journey together.  The next couple of blogs are about buying  or receiving something and re-using it and then integrating it into your life and then using it as a place to organize.

Here's Lauries co-post first...I'll post mine later this week.  FYI....bureau for those who don't recognize a New Yorker's word is the same as a dresser...love my New Yorker buddies accent!!

We needed to replace our dining room china closet. The one we had was too large for the space and did not have the the type of storage we needed. Evelyn gave me the idea to use a bureau instead of a conventional dining room piece. We had a bureau (1930's with original hardware) that worked perfectly. We painted it gloss white and sprayed the hardware with brushed nickel. The piece came out beautifully. 



The two top smaller drawers are used for serving utensils and I have used the larger drawers for our tablecloths, place mats and other linens. The room feels much more roomier and I am thinking of finding a piece of granite to set on top of the bureau for some color.

The following are a great couple of pics of the the hardware.  Laurie & Jim did a great job!



Thanks Laurie for sharing, join us later this week for another posting in this series...Hope you enjoyed!



No comments:

Post a Comment