Sunday, October 27, 2019

Keto Prep Sunday for the Week



Every Sunday, well nearly every Sunday, I do Keto prep for the week.  I try to eat low carb, high fat, moderate protein.  For those joining this blog and my journey through life, I started a health kick almost 2 years ago.  I have tried all the traditional diets that just didn't work for me, I gained and lost, gained and lost, repeat cycle but in December 2018 I started reading about Keto and decided to give it a try.  It worked, I have lost weight and am maintaining the weight loss.  I have not lost all that I want to lose but I am on a plateau which is ok right now.  It gives me a chance to prove to myself that I can do this and maintain.   About 5 months ago I started reading Dr. Jason Fung's books on Fasting, I have integrated that with Keto.

So below I will share part of this week's prep.  I have been a bit lazy today watching TV so I haven't done as much as I normally do but at least it will give you some ideas.  During the week I eat breakfast and lunch fairly close to on another, within an hour or 2.  My goal is to only eat during that time period and fast the rest until the next day.  My "feasting" time is typically 9:30ish to 12:00, then I don't eat again until the next day.  Some days I do this easily others not.  I have struggled the last 3 weeks because I spent some time away from home on weekends and was eating not so keto-ish.  Needless to say I have struggled with the fasting.

So breakfast is bacon, lettuce, tomato's and mayonnaise.  I have made enough for 3 days.  I have this a lot.  I love bacon.



Lunch/dinner is chicken cooked with Chicken thighs, taco seasoning and salsa baked in the oven.  So instead of taco shells or tortilla's as they are not keto friendly, I use yellow or orange peppers as my shells.  I put a layer of cream cheese on the shell.  I will heat the chicken at lunch time.  This is an easy go too.  I have even made during the week as it is so easy.



This is just almond butter and celery that I eat in between breakfast and lunch.

I also have some steamed shrimp in the fridge already cooked that I bought at Costco.  That gives me another quick option one day this week.

Have a great week all!

No comments:

Post a Comment