Saturday, October 26, 2019

A New Home's Excitement

The last 2 years of my life have had enormous changes.  Good and bad. Easy and difficult.  Sadness and happiness.  But what it introduced is a new chapter.  I moved from Virginia to Delaware almost a year ago to where the Bank has a core site.  I have fallen in love with the area.  It is an hour from Baltimore and Philadelphia, 2 hours from Washington DC, 3 hours from New York and close to a lot of other exciting places.  What I love is the history, the parks and the people are friendly.  I have decided I am definitely an east coast girl!

The big news is I bought a home, a townhouse!  I haven't closed on it yet, but that is scheduled to happen November 19th.  What an exciting time!  A new beginning in a new home.  It has a red front door!  My hope is to be into it before Christmas....I am excited to decorate for Christmas this year!

Here are exterior pictures of my townhouse.  I am saving to share the interior pics as the days progress.  I am excited to put my stamp on this new home.  I want to decorate it with yard sale, thrift store and antique shop items.  One of my focuses on decorating is going to need to be storage, the kitchen is nice sized by doesn't have a lot of cabinet space, so getting creative is going to be key.  I will blog about my ideas in the coming days.

I can see greenery for Xmas on the railing outside with maybe some white and green lights this year and a new wreath!  I have started looking but the right one hasn't grabbed me yet.












I can envision chairs, maybe a glider, a grill and a table with chairs and people.  I also want to put a privacy fence up on the deck so that both my neighbors and I have some privacy.   Will need a new paint job and what you can't see in these pictures is the work the prior owner did on the deck.  When I get in, I will take pics of the changes he made.






I will have a SHE SHED!  I am thinking it will become a place for projects and of course a push lawn mower.  That is the one thing I am not looking forward to...mowing and weed eating!  But I am looking forward to planting bushes and flowers.  Hydrangea's and Peonies will be the first in the ground come spring






2 comments:

  1. Love the outside of your new home. Sounds like great ideas for decorating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Evie Marie for commenting on my post. Always nice to have someone visit and share their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete